# of queries out: 7
# of fulls out: 0
status: additional querying on hold until after Muse Conf
word count: 9,634
status: first draft in progress
word count: 5,751
status: first draft in progress, taking backseat for TC
min needed for chapbook: 20
edit another five chapters
- submit some poetry – revised a poem, but didn’t actually submit
Goals for this week:
- edit six chapters
- submit aforementioned poem
NaNoWriMo, here I come! I signed up. *gulp* My username is Feywriter. I’ll have to explore the site more. One month to prepare!
I really don’t know if I should NaNo with two books already in progress, but it’s only one month, right? Then the NaNo book can sit while I write the others. A big part of this is simply seeing if I can do it. Like the 10k day for Writers. I don’t know what I’m capable of if I don’t push myself. And I need deadlines to do so. I really don’t have an excuse not to go for it this year.
Plot ideas at various stages:
- Race to 100 Deaths – I found this phrase in my notes. Sounds like an awesome title. No idea what it meant.
- Contemporary Fantasy – A woman divorces her husband because he believed in magic. Their teenage daughter gets kidnapped by something obviously out of this world, and the woman has to turn to her ex-husband for help.
- Rumpelstiltskin is leprechaun gone bad. Beware the rainbow trap.
- Traditional Fantasy about Tilara Scarlet, an Elven diplomat with a little assassination on the side. Her symbol is the leaf of a Scarlet Oak. I have a character sketch on her already.
I’ll take a vote: Which story should I write?