Yesterday we bought our first home! (Well, technically financing should finalize today.) We’ll get the keys on Monday (giving current residents the weekend to move out). Thank you to my Mom, for watching B yesterday. It was nice not having my attention split. We took her out to lunch at Chili’s after.
This month will be busy with packing, transitions, and giving the new house some TLC. Moving date is set for Saturday, May 23. So much to do before then. You should see our needs and wants lists for house stuff to buy. I swear it grows every time I look away.
Writing, submissions, and queries should pick back up in June.
Yesterday was Earth Day, and this is still Earth Week. Some of these 5k Qs are appropriate for the occasion (namely 644 and 655).
641. Do you remember Crystal Pepsi? no
642. When was the last time you spent a night away from home? In the hospital after giving birth to my son. Wow, that was over five years ago. I need a vacation...
643. Some people say that there is no such thing as a stupid question. Is that true? Yes. There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
644. What is the most interesting TV channel? Discovery Channel. Have you seen Planet Earth? It is spectacular. Our planet is such a beautiful, amazing place. Well worth saving.
645. Name one song you could live without hearing ever again: "Hot Chocolate" from the Polar Express soundtrack
646. Do your pets understand you when you talk? Don't currently have a pet, but I believe pets understand to a degree. Even if they don't understand the words, they do understand the emotion.
647. What are three things you HAVE NOT done that might surprise people? 1. Owned a credit card. 2. Driven a car. 3. Walked on a beach (despite being in San Francisco and seeing the ocean. school trip, so no one was allowed on the beach).
648. Have you ever had a secret admirer? yes. I got a secret valentine my senior year in HS, and never found out who it came from.
649. Have you been to a museum this year? No
650. Do you ever watch porn? No. Sounds like one upstairs sometimes though...
651. Do you think that it would be a good idea if people served in the army, navy or air force for a while before they were allowed to vote? no.
652. If you were required to do this to vote, would you? no. the armed forces wouldn't make me more aware, it would break me. I'd probably be less likely to vote, not more.
653. Do people often give you weird looks? not that I've noticed
654. Do like Japanese cooking? I like the dishes at Teriyaki Stix. That's Japanese. What doesn't appeal to me is sashimi, or any seafood for that matter.
655. Do you care for stray animals? I want to. But feed them and they are yours. And I can't save them all. I really admire organizations that save strays, such as local shelters (where we will be getting a kitty when we move), and the Egyptian Mau Rescue Organization.