Tuesday, February 15, 2011

A Valentine’s Day Quest

My husband took half a day off yesterday. He brought home lunch from Taco Time, then shut me in the bedroom while he prepared his surprise. When I was allowed out, he stood against a wall with a yellow exclamation mark taped to the wall above his head.

 Quest

I accepted the quest. The first part of the chain had me searching the corner room for 15 lost Kisses. I came back to find the exclamation mark replaced with a question mark. I turned in my quest items and got my reward: a heart box of chocolates and little teddy bear to keep in my bag so I’d have him wherever I go.Valentine Bear

CraneAlas, now pink cranes had stolen 10 treasures! My objective was to seek out these cranes in their nearby nesting grounds and retrieve the Treasures. My quest reward this time was a wrapped gift: Ray Bradbury’s ZEN IN THE ART OF WRITING. I <3 that book. Checked it out from the library a few months ago and was incredibly inspired. Now I can take it off my wish list.

The third and final part of the quest chain was to seek out an object of much good n plenty. Once found, my final reward was another book: CHARACTERS & VIEWPOINT by Orson Scott Card. This book was highly praised at the literary conference a few weeks ago. My husband proved that he listens, and that he supports my writing.

It was a great Valentine’s event, from one gamer geek to another. Smile I love you, dear husband. Thank you for your unconditional love and support.

1 comment:

  1. I am so impressed that your hubby would do all that - wow. Happy Valentines day to both of you.

    ReplyDelete