Tuesday, August 26, 2008

In lieu of a Tuesday Tally...

5,000 Questions... My answers so far...

 

401. Some say that high school is the best time of your life. Was that true for you? No. It had it's ups and downs, but the best times came after.


402. What do you find yourself encouraging others to try? tv series Firefly


403. Which is better: Mel Brooks or Woody Allen? Mel Brooks


404. When was the last time you were up all night? earlier this year. don't remember the date, and don't think there was a special occasion other than weekend. we watched two movies and played a game.


405. __ is life. The rest is just details. Fill in the blank. Relationships.


406. Are people too complex and different to be categorized? No. There are many ways to categorize people - psychology, profession, race, gender, location, hobbies. The important thing is to not judge based on those categories. Even two people with the exact same psychological profile will not always act the same under the same circumstance. We are unique. Cataloguing simply makes life easier.


407. Is it good to have pride in your own race or does that separate people from each other because it makes them think of everyone else as 'outsiders'? There are few of pure race anymore, so I think it's pointless. Have pride in your culture and country, but respect others for theirs. Just because their culture is different does not make your better (or worse). Grats to all the Olympic accomplishments! There were amazing moments from many countries. A memorable Olympic year.

 
408. What fictional story would you like to live through? I don't wish for my life to be as filled with conflict as many of the characters I read about or watch. If I think of one at a later point I'll let you know.


409. Are cats or dogs smarter? cats

 
410. Have you ever guessed someone's password and broken into their diary? people have passwords on diaries? I thought they had keys. I must be behind the times...


411. What teacher, if any, has effected you the most in your life? Mrs. Monk, first grade, for giving me and Alexis separate activities during reading hour. We were ahead of the class, and didn't need to go through the basics. No "Go Jane go." Instead, we were assigned to write our own stories or learn new words from the dictionary. I still have that very first story I wrote, and the desire to write never left. Another teacher I'd like to thank is Mrs. Flanigan, my 5th grade teacher. She recommended I read "The Blue Sword," effectively hooking me on Fantasy.


412. Are you more easily bored or excited? easily both... quite a rollercoaster ride. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment