Tuesday, August 19, 2008

A (much delayed) Olympic Tuesday Tally

EotF Update

total words to date: 93,486

pages: 411

chapters revised: 26/27 (draft 5)

 

T.C. Status

word count: 1471

 

Last week's goals:

  • sit butt in chair and write the dastardly chapter that's giving me trouble....
  • read through new chapters before handing entire manuscript over to hubby for second reading
  • work on EotF query letter
  • write at least one new scene for TC

This month's goals:

  • complete previous goals... 

 

If this were an Olympic event, I wouldn't be getting past the qualifiers. My writing muscles are probably atrophying... I'm not sure what's holding me back. I feel bad about not writing when it's due to pure procrastination and not "life in the way". But at the same time I don't want to sit down and write solely because I'm feeling guilty. Then again, I'll never get anywhere professionally if I only write when I feel like it. Conundrums. And, yes, more procrastinating.

 

Have you been watching the Olympics? Wow. So many incredible moments. The opening ceremonies were absolutely mind-blowing. More swimming records have been broken this year than in the past two Olympics combined. All the Phelps moments - coming back to win gold by a hundredth of a second, winning eight gold medals. USA Women's Fencing team sweeping the Sabre Team competition. The incredible gymnastics the Chinese have been showing off, yet USA getting Gold and Silver in the Women's Individual Overall. I could go on! The TV has been on a lot this month. NBC is sure getting our viewing. My husband is grateful to be working from home so often, and actually able to watch a lot of the Olympics that in previous years he was unable. I don't honestly expect to get much done while these are going on. Go Team USA!

No comments:

Post a Comment