Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Tuesday Tally

EotF Status

# of queries out: 8

# of fulls out: 0

 

T.C. Status

word count: 8,272

no change

 

FwM Status

word count: 4,302

 

Color Poems

complete: 14

min needed for chapbook: 20

 

Previous goals:

  • send out 4 more queries
  • submit more poetry

 

Goals for this week:

  • send out 2 more queries

 

Any recommendations for first person contemporary fantasy? Particularly one with a male narrator? Trying to get away from the repetitive “I” syndrome. I may have to try writing a scene in third person, then switching it over.

2 comments:

  1. Have you tried the Mercy Thompson series by Patricia Briggs? The first book is Moon Called, I believe. It's first person urban fantasy, not narrated by a guy but fabulous.

    I am struggling with repetitive-I-syndrome too :( One tip that helped me is that instead of saying "I noticed/saw/etc him coming out of the woods" you can just say "He came out of the woods" since it's understood that your POV character noticed it in order to relate it to the reader. Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the advice, Lynn. I'll have to check out the Mercy Thompson series. :-)

    ReplyDelete