The topic of the week on Fangs, Fur, & Fey is “5 Signs a Book was Written by You.” I put some thought into it, and here’s my list. I went over five, and may add more later if I think of them. These are based on the following stories:
Emergence of the Fey (complete)
Fly With Me (in progress)
Trinity Coven (in progress)
The Blazing Princess (complete novelette with plans to expand)
- death in the family - sometimes background, sometimes on screen, not always parents. (exception with BP - but not really, because in a sense the Main Character dies)
- flight. either magical creatures that fly (dragon, pegasus, pixie) or characters that can fly
- romance. not always the main characters, but someone will hook up during the course of the story.
- identity issues. an individual's reality shaped by their beliefs.
- no clear-cut good vs. evil.
- fairy tale reference – a cameo, painting, story premise
- dark haired men. Blonde males are reserved for secondary characters apparently.
What do your stories have in common?