Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Writing Battle Plan

This is one of the posts that I started a while back, and forgot about. Still relevant though.

I finished reading CHARACTERS AND VIEWPOINT by Orson Scott Card. Awesome! Needed it at this point in my career. I had lots of aha! moments of how to fix my first novel. I had a moment where I wondered “Why didn’t I read this years ago??” Then I realized I’m probably only now at a point as a writer where I’m actually “getting” the info on the right level.

My battle plan:

  • Write at least 1000 words per day, across any of my three stories. With a minimum of 250 words (one page) in each for any given week.
  • Finish books (goal: this year!) then give FM some undivided attention for a final serious revision.

I even made myself an awesome Excel worksheet. I put in the project I work on each day, and how many words. It calculates my weekly word count, yearly total, and what total and percentage is for each project. Pretty cool if I do say so myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment