Monday, March 31, 2014

A Month of Poetry

April is National Poetry Month. A month to celebrate the magic of words. The power of poetry. To celebrate, I’m going to participate in a couple different challenges.

Poetry
Poetry (Photo credit: V. H. Hammer)

NaPoWriMo (National Poetry Writing Month)

Inspired by NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month), NaPoWriMo is about writing poetry. I’ll be aiming for a poem a day, but life and inspiration may have other results in mind. Whether a single new poem, or a poem a day, or even more, any new poetry is a success. Here are a few places I may be pulling prompts from.

The Poetic Asides blog on WritersDigest.com has an April PAD challenge. That’s a Poem A Day. Each morning there will be a new prompt, and top poems posted to the blog for each prompt will be compiled into a book.

The NaPoWriMo site will also have prompts. A few other sites I may visit if I need more inspiration: Poetry Prompts, The Journal Prompts, and 30 Day Poetry Challenge.

A to Z Blogging

I’m also taking the A to Z blogging challenge. So each day in April (except Sundays), I will posting with a letter theme, A to Z. So check back throughout the month for new and old poems, quotes about poetry, and more.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment