Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Tuesday Tally with a book count

EotF Status

# of queries out: 7

# of fulls out: 0

additional querying on hold

 

T.C. Status

word count: 9,034

 

FwM Status

word count: 5,751

 

Color Poems

complete: 14

min needed for chapbook: 20

 

Previous goals:

  • write every day – once again, didn’t write during weekend
  • work on description in first three chapters of EotF

 

Goals for this week:

  • submit poems to Strange Horizons

 

Got all of our books organized and listed in Excel. Hand is tired from all the writing, copying down author/title/series/shelf to input in computer. The last time we did a count was in 2005. At the time, we had over 700 books. Since then, we have bought more books, but have also donated duplicates and a lot of books we realized would never be read. Here are some new statistics:

 

Total books: 325

Fantasy: 211

Other: 114 (includes non-fiction, poetry, as well as other fiction genres)

Most from one author: R.A. Salvatore (18+ books)

 

The plus is because three of those books are complete series in one volume.

 

Going through these books makes me want to read some of them again, as I remember how much I enjoyed them. And there are quite a few books that my husband brought to the collection that I’m interested in. I don’t think I need to visit the library anytime soon…

 

Later, I’ll have to figure out and post the numbers for how many books it will take to complete the gaps in our series.

No comments:

Post a Comment