Thursday, April 3, 2008

200 down, 4800 to go

5,000 Questions... My answers so far...

 

183. What is your favorite band? Twelve Girls Band.


184. What's the best cheesy 80's song? "Walk Like an Egyptian"


185. What's the best kind of movie to see on a date? comedy is good for first date, as long as you have the same idea of comedy. but if it's the end of a longer date (as in more than just dinner and a movie), or not a first date, then thriller/suspense is a great choice (get the girl clinging to the guy and all).


186. Do you like to sit in the front, middle or back of the Movie Theater? back. I don't like the "huge, in your face" experience of up front. too much neck craning.


187. Have you ever been inside an abandoned building? I'm sure the answer is yes, though I have no memorable moments to share.


188. Under what circumstances would you agree to work for free? good promotion for me, not too much work, good cause, or once-in-a-lifetime experience not to be passed up.


189. Candles or strobe lights? candles. I'm a romantic.


190. Do you think the Lord of the Rings movies are true to the books or did Hollywood change the story too much? I can't say, as I haven't read the books. I do love the movies though.


191. When you see a stranger on the street does your first reaction lean towards thinking of this person as a potential friend or as a potential threat? Neither. On the street I'm either in my own world or too shy to contemplate any sort of relationship with a stranger.


192. Is it natural for human beings to fear and distrust each other, or is it cultural? A bit of both. I think there is that fear of the unknown, which you can see even in newborns that react badly to seeing a new face. At the same time, culture really shapes us. Would we have such fears if not for terrorism, crime, the news. I'd like to think that someday we all get along, trust each other completely; though I know that day won't come until the lion lies down with the lamb.


193. What do you really want to buy? a house.


194. You have to choose. Would you be happier marrying someone rich for their money or living in the streets and subway tunnels with someone you love? homeless with someone I love. It's true that home is where the heart is. Marrying someone for money, or some other reason, would only create a prison.


195. If someone wanted to understand you what book could they read that would help? "My Letter to the World", my unpublished book of poetry.


196. Do you think it’s odd that Americans have freedom of religion and yet call themselves 'one nation under god'? this nation was founded for this very reason, freedom to worship as we please. God paved the way for our freedom, our constitution, it is only fitting that we are a nation under Him. The line does not insist that we worship him, or that we are united in our beliefs, but gives him credit for our existence.


197. In what sense are you a minority? I am an introvert, one of an estimated thirty percent of the population.


198. Are you anti social? No. I don't shun society, or have anger towards it. I merely don't know how best to interact with it…


199. Do you photograph well? meh. I do well with a trained photographer, but random photos will have random results.


200. Do you think that human beings would survive through a nuclear winter? no. I don't think we can make the necessary preparations. If we technically could prepare, I don't think we would. By the time it was pressing enough to do so, it would be too late.

1 comment:

  1. You know, question 195 would be a lot harder to answer if you hadn't written a book ... :) I always enjoy reading your answers.

    ReplyDelete