Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Celebrating

Last weekend was a good one. My husband's birthday was Sunday, so we celebrated mainly on Friday. I made a spice cake (lasted through yesterday). We dropped the boy off at his grandma's for the night, then went to Chili's for dinner. We ate fried cheese as an appetizer while waiting for our meals: deliciously spiced steamed broccoli, loaded mashed potatoes, and Monteray Chicken. Mmm. We even splurged and got strawberry lemonade to drink instead of the water we usually ask for. Afterward, we visited Gamestop, where I bought him two new video games (Quake 4 and Prey), and we lingered until we didn't feel quite so full. We ended our outing with a game of miniature golf at Boondocks. For the first time we didn't tie - hubby won by five points or so. It was a lot of fun. We slept in the next morning, ate breakfast at McDonald's (sausage McMuffins), and got our errands done in leisure before picking up our son. Sunday we ate dinner at his parents, then came back home to watch Mission Impossible: III. Great movie. I enjoyed it more than the first two. It had more of a plot line and character growth. It was great spending the quality time with my hubby.

2 comments:

  1. Happy belated Birthday Jeff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm... steamed broccoli... I *so* love steamed broccoli. Even better than spice cake. Does that make me weird??

    ReplyDelete