Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Tuesday Tally - some success

I surpassed my goal for Blazing Princess, completing another edit of the entire story. I have a couple of weeks until the contest deadline. Any volunteers for giving it a thorough critique? I've had some readers already, but wouldn't mind a couple more eyes to point out room for improvement.

I didn't, however, meet my other goal. Though I worked on Emergence a bit, I didn't finish a scene. I feel like I'm pulling teeth with it right now. Definitely not my smoothest writing. But no more procrastinating. I'll work on it more tonight. Robin McKinley's response to how many hours she writes is definitely one I can relate to. I still stand to the belief that writing this novel is the hardest and most wonderful thing I've ever done. Now to crank out more words until I reach the end.

Goals for this week:
  • write a minimum of 700 words for Emergence (my min. for 100 Day Challenge)
  • read Blazing Princess very carefully looking for flaws
  • keep up the multiple blog posts a week

1 comment:

  1. Yay on surpassing goals for Blazing Princess! That's awesome.

    When's the contest deadline? I'd be happy to beta-read your chapter for you. Just LMK. =)

    Good luck with the 100DC!!!

    ReplyDelete