Monday, July 9, 2007

Obstacles - different kind of writing blocks

Obstacles to writing more (yes, this is one more way to procrastinate...), in no particular order:
  • too tired / too early in the morning / brain hasn't woken up yet
  • have headache / too noisy / kid(s) won't leave me alone
  • afraid of writing crap / convinced of my utter lack of talent and determination
  • allergy medicine making me too lethargic
  • haven't thought out the next scene well enough to write it (or conversely) afraid the scene won't write out the way it played in my head
  • would rather play Sims2 or Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam or some other video game
  • too busy checking email/blogs/forums
  • weekends my hubby would rather I play with him than write
  • feeling guilty for putting son down for nap when he didn't want one and now he's crying and not sleeping and though he's not climbing or pulling on me he's still a distraction but I know he's tired but still can't write until he's actually sleeping
  • television most evenings
  • only one hour 'til hubby comes home and there's so many other things around the house that need to be done
  • interrupted by IM's
Tomorrow I will write about how I can overcome these obstacles.

How do you procrastinate?

No comments:

Post a Comment