Liana has issued a challenge, a Workout!
List five habits, traits, or vices that are keeping you from being the best. Pick one and set the goal working on eradicating that habit from your routine.
Here are mine:
1. Over thinking my first draft.
2. Stopping every few paragraphs to browse the web.
3. Letting my confidence rely too much on outside opinion.
4. Letting doubts crowd out my enjoyment of the writing process.
5. Being intimidated by the synopsis.
Looking at that list, 1-3 tie directly to 4. So that's what I'll focus on.
- I've written a poem about Ubduk, the anti-muse and his mewling doubts that crave attention. I will write a poem reclaiming my power from him.
- I will listen to music while I write, to help inspire me and keep spirits positive.
- I will set a timer for 30 minutes for five days a week, and focus on writing and not opening the browser during that time.
- If I find my thoughts straying, I will type in a separate document any distractions or doubts to get them out before they settle. Then I will close this document without saving, and return to my story.
- If I itch to browse, or suddenly find a "reason" to research, I will make notes to look it up later, and keep writing.
Summary: Poem, Music, Timer, Delete Doubts, Notes. We'll see how a week of this goes.