Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Tuesday Tally and Biting Nails

EotF Status

one chapter still out on submission (Firebrand Literary's Query Holiday).

Sent 4 queries. 2 rejections back already. Entered newest opening in Secret Agent contest.

 

T.C. Status

word count: 5,454

 

FwM Status

word count: 2,387

 

Previous Goals:

  • personalize query and send it out!
  • another color poem
  • finish catching up on crits - at this point it's not happening. starting with clean slate
  • write synopsis for EotF - goal slid under my radar somehow

 

Goals for this week:

  • another color poem
  • synopsis for EotF
  • figure out why my copy/paste has suddenly gone on strike... (was working fine just a few minutes ago!) 
  • finish TC chapter four

 

Feb 14 - poetry contest winners announced. though the site says first cut notifications in January... I'm assuming that means finalists were notified. Which I guess is not me.

Feb 15 - deadline for requests from Firebrand's Query Holiday. If I haven't heard by then, then I'm not going to.

 

And that copy/paste issue is too distracting to remember anything else I was going to write about. Must fix problem...

 

Update: of course, as soon as I post this, it starts working again! Computers are so quirky....

5 comments:

  1. I entered the Secret Agent thing too! wahoo! I'll have to be sure to critique yours. What number are you? I'm number 1 LOLOLOL :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, you were fast! Mine is number 41. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey good job on sending out queries! I need to send out another few but I'm so swamped with other things (my sister is getting married in a week and a half!) that I just don't think it's going to happen this week.

    I haven't heard back from Firebrand either :( but there's still a few more days of hope, right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. also I like your opening in the secret agent thing!

    ReplyDelete