Monday, March 1, 2010

Avatar

Saturday we went to see Avatar in 3D. We’d heard good things about it, and one friend was ready to pay for our tickets he was so insistent we see it in theatre. The 3D took a little to get used to. At first I was all too aware of the effects. But once I got into it, boy was I in. Wow. I love how James Cameron used the 3D to create immersion rather than to go out of the way to throw things at you. What a stunning world he created. I want to live on Pandora!

In addition to a beautiful setting, I thought the rest of the world building was amazing. How the entire world was networked, the culture, the symbiosis, the bioluminescence, the avatar system. The Na’vi looked amazing. This is the first movie we plan on spending the extra money and getting the blue-ray version. The graphics are that good.

The story itself may have been predictable, but most are. It’s not about the ending, its about the journey itself. And this one had me caring and fully immersed. Absolutely loved it.

3 comments:

  1. This jumped right up into my favorite movie of all times. I LOVED IT. Loved. It. I was in tears... more than once. And I think it's one of the first times in my life that I ever clapped at the end of a movie, ha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Avatar was the - best - film - ever!

    I too want to live on Pandora :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree. The plot was predictable and a bit cliched but Pandora completely made up for it. I loved the little details in its world.

    ReplyDelete