Thursday, April 8, 2010

Thursday’s Tale: National Poetry Month

In honor of National Poetry Month, April’s Thursday Tales will be poems. This is one of my more recent creations:

 

Window

One hand on the frame

I lean out, fingertips tingling as they stretch

almost touch the clouds

 

Breeze brings life to this barren room

a rusted leaf fluttering

on the scent of flowers

tinged with dew

I can almost taste the rain

from horizon's storm

 

Wind whispers in my ear

telling stories of freedom

and of you

whoever you are

looking for me

 

If I did not believe its truth

I would throw myself

to kiss the earth never touched

or strangle my pale neck

with the curse of my hair

 

I will wait

only a bit longer

I cannot live another winter

alone

in this tower

 

(**changed blog layout to a clean, nice-on-the-eyes, default template. still looking for what I want long-term, so feedback is still welcome)

5 comments:

  1. LOVE the poem. You are so talented. I also like the current look of your blog. Very easy to read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love this poem! And now it's so easy to read it :)

    Nothing else to say, except that I love love love that poem. makes me want to write poetry, except that my poems would be terrible!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a beautiful Rapunzel poem! Great emotions. keep up the good work

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a total coward when it comes to poetry. Your poem is terrific.

    I like a clean blog layout. "Stretch" can be a little harder to read than narrow column.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Matt - Thanks for the feedback. I'll switch over to Minima until I get my final layout set up.

    Everyone - Thank you for the praise on my poem. I love creating new poetry, but don't do it nearly enough. This month gives me an excuse. :-)

    ReplyDelete