Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Tuesday Tally and video games

Last week’s goals:

  • create custom workout for EA Active
  • create summer schedule to include writing time
  • relax, read my bliss book
  • take some time to read and enjoy Trinity Coven

Goals for this week:

 

Like story? Play video games? Have a PS3? Play Heavy Rain. Intense, completely immersive. Makes me think. Not many games I keep thinking about for days after putting down the controller. Each time I have to balance whether to take a break because the emotion and adrenaline is so intense, or keep going because I have to know what happens next!

My husband and I have decided not to buy any new video games until we finish more. Trying to keep an 80 percent completion rate. Got a few games coming out next month, and some already out which we’re waiting on, so I need to take a break from Sims and play some consoles.

Games I’m most looking forward to this year: Alan Wake, Sims 3: Ambitions, Lego Harry Potter, and Civilization V. Are you a gamer? Which systems do you have? Any favorite games on the brain?

2 comments:

  1. For one year I was a pretty serious World of Warcraft player. I loved the game and made some great friends, but it sucked away all my free time.

    Since quitting WoW I managed to finish my novel (and start querying) and returned to studying martial arts.

    I love computer games, but have a hard time controlling my playing time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband and I are playing WoW again. Only on weekends and a couple nights a week though. We like to be in some MMO or another, as it's something we can do together.

    Whatever the hobby, it's a challenge to find the right balance. Don't want to get too distracted from our goals. :-)

    ReplyDelete