Friday, November 4, 2011

Celebrating Creativity

Was trying for the poem-a-day challenge this month. Doesn’t look like it’s going to happen. Maybe there’s just too much other stuff going on. Or my poetry muse is still sleeping. But I still want to surround myself with that spirit of creativity. So, instead, I will share an older poem of mine.

 

A R T

I pull the cardboard box off the shelf
too long dusty
set it on the cleared table
trace my finger over the markered three letters
and open creation in a box

I remove the items one by one
too long neglected
set them in their proper place
next to water, canvas, towel
and tally
creation in a box

I see pencils, paints, stencils,
too long idle
set by projects incomplete
search for a paint brush
and initiate
creation in a box

I wet the brush and moisten paints
too long dried out
set colors to a scantily clad canvas
bringing life to the scene
and treasure
creation in a box

No comments:

Post a Comment