Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Tuesday Tally - 10 weeks to deadline

Status of my novel

total words to date: 64,040
pages: 277
completed chapters: 12

Last week's goals:
  • keep working on 100 day challenge - still keeping on top of it
  • write W.W. newsletter - finished and mailed
  • fix at least one of the two major problems with Mirror - my story is now over 10k words... maybe after the additions I can do some trimming
  • write at least one scene in Emergence - just one, but hey, that was the goal!
  • decide what to do with freewebs blog - kinda-ish on this one. I've been putting off making a solid decision. for now, will start with related goal listed below...

Goals for this week:

  • finish last couple days of 100 day challenge
  • dig up the best posts of freewebs blog and cross post them here
  • finish current revisions for Mirror
  • finish chapter 13
  • outline my first ever website mailing (visit my website to subscribe!)
With just under ten weeks until my self-imposed deadline for novel completion, I wanted to have an estimate on the number of scenes I would need to write, as I could very possibly reach 90,000 words and not be at The End. So, I spent three hours on Saturday storyboarding the rest of my novel, scene by scene. Some are more fleshed out than others, and some may be completely different when I get there, or nonexistent, but I have a much better idea now. 33 scenes left to write and I'm done! My deadline is still looking manageable - about 2,500 words a week or just over 3 scenes a week. My current scenes average 800 words, so I should end about the same whether I go by words or scenes. Feel free to wish me luck, but I'm thinking this will be more work than luck. A good kind of work though. Much better bossing characters around (or in some cases them bossing you), than being bossed at a regular job (or bossing other people for that matter).

If you have any topics you'd like me to blog about, writing or otherwise, feel free to suggest them. If you'd rather not make a public comment, you can always email me at feywriter(at)hotmail(dot)com.

No comments:

Post a Comment