341. Would you benefit from a wilder existence? physically, most likely. mentally, no. I like my culture and modern amenities.
342. Does it seem to you like the range of socially acceptable behavior is getting smaller or larger? definitely larger. quite sad really. there are behaviors (such as smoking) that are less acceptable, but far more that have become more lenient. Just look at how movie ratings have changed over time.
343. Have you ever fired a gun? No. haven't even held a real one.
344. Are people becoming more afraid of each other? more afraid of the world in general. there's a lot of crime reported on the news, and that's just a portion, the "newsworthy" stuff. I'm certainly afraid of letting my child play outside alone, or let him out of site even in a children's section at the bookstore.
345. If you had to choose the percentage of freedom vs. safety what ratio would you decide on (ex: 100% free 0% safe)? 60 free, 40 safe
346. Does safety stifle you? that would depend on the form of safety
347. Who or what needs to be stopped? spam - email and phone. most of our calls our recorded messages, usually scams, but spam nonetheless. very annoying. at least I can easily throw away junk mail and most junk email is filtered, but even if I let the answering machine pick up, the phone still rings...
348. Are human beings becoming more domesticated? in the sense that we are completely dependant on other human beings? absolutely. I don't know if that's a good or bad thing.
349. Do you follow the lives of the British Royal Family? no
350. How did the death of Pope John Paul II affect you? who?