Sunday, May 18, 2008

300 (minus 1): words and honesty

5,000 Questions... My answers so far...

 

 

283. Are you very precise about what words you use to describe your feelings and thoughts? Sometimes. I should strive to be more precise. I know I have a lot of room for growth as a writer.


284. What do you feel the most guilty about? I'm too guilty to say. Though close to the top is the times I've snapped and swore at my son…


285. Do you meditate? I like the concept, but haven't had the patience. *makes a note to try it sometime*


286. Can dreams be visions, or do you feel they are always random images? Sometimes they can be visions, though not always in a literal way. There are certainly moments in life of déjà vu and reliving a dream, but dreams can also give insight into our subconscious.


287. Do you try to write/say what you are feeling in a true and simple way? Judging by my rambling, I'd say not as often as I should. I even admit to sliding around the 'true' part. No blatant lies, but definitely portraying things in a certain light or only admitting certain things. Don't we all do that?


288. The thief _______ that everyone steals.
What verb would you fill in the blank with? "believes". A matter of projection and justification.


289. What's the most incredible experience you ever had? I am going to ponder this and dedicate an entire post on the matter at some future time.


290. Are you ever afraid to write/say/think how you feel? Yes. Thus my convoluted answer to 287.


291. Do you write/say/think it anyway or become intimidated and try to avoid it? It won't stop me from thinking it, but I have avoided sharing my true feelings. Intimated at being offensive, or hurting someone's feelings, to name a few reasons.


292. What is one thing you can't do? whistle


293. Do you like movies starring Charleton Heston? In general, yes. Not because he's in them though. I don't like or dislike movies based on actors. I will watch a movie because a certain actor is in it, and may be more open to liking it, but won't judge my opinion on that alone. And Charleton Heston isn't one of my favorite actors, so that doesn't apply anyway.


294. Are you gentle? Yes. At least I try to be. My clumsiness can get in the way sometimes.


295. When do you feel the most raw and vulnerable? After doing something stupid. I beat myself up, and I'm so much more sensitive to all my flaws and anything said to me. Actually, there is a time I've been more raw and vulnerable. Rejection – the personal kind, as in "friend no longer keeps in touch" or "I've been forgotten" or "boyfriend breaks up with me" (the latter thankfully not something I have to deal with. Yay for being out of the dating stage.).


296. Are you trying to find yourself? Always. I think that's a big reason for blogging – self discovery.


297. Where are you looking? Everywhere. In my poetry and writing, my friends, quizzes, personality profiles, psychology, nature, religion. My sister has written an article on Psychology and Personality Testing.

 

298. Are you sometimes afraid of being honest because you are afraid of hurting people's feelings? Absolutely.


299. What would make you a stronger person? Feeling less insecure, more assertive. Knowing how to deal with people.


300. What book would you like to read sometime soon? "Lady of Light and Shadows" by C. L. Wilson. It's the sequel to "Lord of the Fading Lands", a paranormal romance I read recently. Loved the book. As soon as I get my next Barnes and Noble gift card in the mail I'll be buying book two. Thank you to Manuscript Mavens for hosting the drawing that won me the first one. :-)

1 comment:

  1. There are, apparently, lots of places in the UK that are difficult to get to (and expensive) without a car. *sigh* Also, I found out that I can't go to Claypotts Castle because the government closed it to visitors (darn Scottish government!). Anywho, if I visit any amazing castles you'll certainly get photos. I, too, am a classic beater-up-of-self-through-both-clumsiness-and-feelings-of-failure. I hope you guys are having fun with Age of Conan--Yang keeps getting a sad look and saying "Conan!" while shaking a fist (I take it that he'd like to be playing the game...).

    ReplyDelete