Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Holiday weekend and Tuesday Tally

EotF Update

total words to date: 89,234

pages: 396

chapters revised: 20.5/23 (draft 4)

 

T.C. Status

word count: 1471

 

Previous Goals:

  • finish editing current chapter of EotF
  • figure out what to get my husband for his birthday! - decided, ordered, and shipping today! 

 

New Goals:

  • Fantasy newsletter
  • EotF website mailing (been putting this off, but now I have something to say)
  • finish EotF draft 4

 

Last Saturday my husband surprised me by taking me to see Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. Yay! He had previously arranged with his mom to watch B, and had even ordered tickets online. When does he do these things if I'm always around? Loved the movie. The actors all did a great job. They did well with the aging Indiana Jones, creating some humorous moments. I can totally see Shia as the next-gen Indy. I hope they do more movies. Lots of great action, intriguing story, and even connections to the previous movies. I wish Sean Connery had agreed to be in the film, but they worked it without him. Now I want to go back and watch the first three again! Been way too long.

 

Yesterday we celebrated the holiday by joining a barbeque at my in-laws. It rained on and off during the day, so we ate inside. It was still nice. B actually ate a lot of food, which is normal but unusual for family gatherings (too many distractions). We didn't stay a long time, never do. Neither of us do well with big crowds. Not our thing. I enjoy them, but get worn out much quicker than extroverts who feed off socializing.

 

My husband's birthday is coming up. It took me a long time to find something to get him. Usually I go for movies or music, but I wanted to go out of the norm. We haven't been getting trinket/display type items as they'd just go in storage until we get a house, clothing usually needs to be tried on, and we already have plenty of board and video games we haven't even played. So it was a difficult decision. I found something, but now I have that niggling worry that he won't like it, because it's not one of those guaranteed thumbs-up. *sigh* On the plus side, I didn't also have to think of answers to my mom and mother-in-law for birthday present suggestions, as for once I wasn't asked. I hope his present gets here in time. And that he likes it. *crosses fingers*

 

B. seems to be all done with napping. He has gone almost a week without a full nap. The most we've gotten is him in his bed (or tent) "resting", maybe dozing off and being quiet for 15 minutes, before hearing him talking to himself. At least he's willing to have rest time for about an hour every few days, even if a longer nap is no longer doable. I'm glad he's good at playing by himself and isn't high maintenance during those hours he used to nap. With only two days left of school (tomorrow and next Monday), I'll have to find other ways to get personal time. Hubby may be encouraged to take B down to the playground once a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment