Friday, May 16, 2008

Entertainment + other misc. QA

5,000 Questions... My answers so far...

 

Short(er) batch this time. There are a lot of related questions coming up and I want to keep them together.

 

274. Do you believe celebrities when they are endorsing a product? I consider them models or actors in the situation, paid to promote or use a product. I tend to look more at the product and user reviews than who is promoting it.


275. What kind of movies do you wish were made more often? Movies that give closure to canceled television shows. There are a lot of tv shows I've heard are great and would get from Netflix (or even buy if they're good enough), but don't want to try out because of the plots left open ended, sometimes with big revelations that open up many questions. Like "John Doe". So many questions that need answering! And if you saw the season finale, all the last minute did was show you how much you didn't know. No closure whatsoever, just flipping everything on its head.


276. Does fashion matter to you? Comfort and price trump fashion.


277. Should politicians be held to the same legal standards as everyone else? Absolutely. Same legal and moral standards.


278. What do you get in trouble for the most? Not thinking.


279. Should parents spank their kids? It's a parenting technique that works for some and not for others. I don't judge. For serious matters, we do spank our son. For example, this week he went outside by himself for the first time. To emphasize our displeasure and the seriousness of the situation, he got a major spanking and got sent to his room until dinner. He doesn't understand the reasoning behind the rule yet, so we have to have some other deterrent (spanking).


280. What is your worst daily habit? Sucking on my teeth. I hate my teeth…


281. If you had your choice which one TV show would you have canceled? Monk. Watched the first three episodes when it came to network TV, thought the character was way over the top, annoying and not funny. Actually, I realized that's why I don't like House – the over the top character, to the other extreme. A doctor that hates his patients, will refuse to treat some, yet will kidnap others to "save their life"??? His arrogance is too much for me. But just because I don't like these shows, doesn't mean anyone who does like them is stupid. Just different tastes. Which is why I am not in charge of these decisions. I can also accept that not everyone liked Firefly. Though I do not understand them, it is their opinion.


282. Do you like the taste of sweet or salt? Both. But not together. In Kingdom Hearts II (video game) there is Sea Salt Ice Cream – salty sweet. The thought is just 'eww'. *shudder* Also, too much of one or the other is not good. Eat too much candy, and some salty potato chips will taste like heaven.

1 comment:

  1. I miss you! Sorry, trying to catch up on everyone's lives after my long social absence. Love you!

    ReplyDelete