Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Tuesday Tally and B Update

EotF Update

total words to date: 89,064

pages: 396

chapters revised: 19.5/23 (draft 4)

 

T.C. Status

word count: 1471

 

Previous Goals:

  • revise four chapters of EotF
  • read at least a poem a day - didn't keep close track of this one. know I missed a few days.
  • outline my next newsletter - have notes, but not actual outline
  • get up to 300 on 5k Q's - minus one which I will get back to. does that count?

 

New Goals:

  • finish editing current chapter of EotF
  • figure out what to get my husband for his birthday! 

 

My husband took this entire week off work - had vacation days that he would lose if he didn't use them. Age of Conan (MMO video game) is also officially out. And next Monday is a holiday. I think I will be playing lots and not getting much else done. Thus the minimal goals.

 

Next draft I will be adding four completely new (though short) chapters. It will be a lot of work, but worth it. The additions will all be in the antagonist's point of view, whereas the current story is all from the heroine and hero's side. It was my husband's suggestion, and I agree that it will strengthen the story and add to the conflict. The events are mostly in the plot already, but more in the background and how they affect the main characters. This will bring them more to the forefront.

 

B is using sentences more, and his communication is improving. I can understand him most of the time. Between school and home, he's been working on his alphabet. He loves letters. He'll even point them out while watching Super Why (PBS show). To help with both his alphabet and computer skills (and to ensure some uninterrupted writing time for myself after), if I open Microsoft Word to work on my story I will first open a blank page and have him sit on my lap. Then I quiz him on the alphabet: tell him a letter, he finds and presses the key. When we first started a few weeks ago, he could only identify 10 letters. Now he only needs help with five. It's very exciting. I'm proud of him, and make sure to let him know that.

No comments:

Post a Comment