Tuesday, April 17, 2007

First ever Tuesday Tally

Status of my novel
total words to date: 33,845
pages*: 147
completed chapters: 7

* standard manuscript format

Current goals:
  • 1,500 words/week toward novel
  • finish chapter eight this week
I took a break from my novel today and worked on Mirror. Happy with my progress. May write a bit more later, either on that or my novel.

With all the writing I've been doing, I realized I was neglecting other things. I'm learning to balance writing with relationships. Both very important to me. One trick I've found to help me finish my word count earlier in the day is to leave the document I'm working on open. Then I can think about it, and add a sentence or two when I have the time. Speaking of time, the one year old boy I babysit just woke up from his afternoon nap, so time to go. But my story will still be waiting for me.

4 comments:

  1. Hooray! Love to see a Tuesday Talley. Best of luck on next week's goals!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear you on the relationships... my problem is work - which is sad - cause it's not even something I enjoy doing, like writing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for popping by my blog. I have emailed you with the progress meter details. Good luck :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. you can do it! finding balance is always difficult.

    ReplyDelete