I didn't do so well on this year's goals. Let's review (new comments in blue):
- Read from an inspirational book every day - start by finishing 101 Powerful Promises from Latter-day Prophets by Wayne E. Brickey, then read God wants a Powerful People by Sheri Dew. - read those two books, but didn't start a new one after
- Blog everyday. I've joined Blog365. - did awesome Jan-March. tapered off starting in April. I simply don't have enough to blog about to be interesting on a daily basis. We'll stick to a couple times a week.
- work on Trinity Coven weekly - got caught up in EotF edits
- continue sending out The Blazing Princess until it sells or the year ends - very sporadic
- exercise 15-30 minutes, 3x week - good at the start of the year, awful in the middle, but back into routine
- do at least two cities in Rock Band solo tour each week (exercise and stress relief all in one!) - finished solo tour through medium. now have Rock Band 2!
- have meal plans and shopping list done before Friday - mostly awesome!
- try two new recipes each month - tried, most didn't turn out well. have a picky husband, and hard to find good recipes
- resume 2 hour writing sessions on Wednesday - never did get back into this. either I write lots, or I don't. no schedule.
- read two books a month, one Fantasy and one outside my genre - wow, forgot about this one. I think I did pretty good, but didn't keep track.
Goals with Deadlines:
- enter Odyssey Poetry contest (deadline January 15)
get new contactsby January 31 - got them, but much later
- write new Dear Me letter and enter into WDC contest (deadline Jan. 31)
- participate in Storycrafter's February Workshop on Plot & Structure
- get book required by Jan. 31 - couldn't find the book
Attend Life, the Universe, and Everything SF&F Symposium for at least one day, February 14-16- was awesome! report here throw a theme party for B's fourth birthday (March 8)- see Birthday Party
- decide on theme (January 31)
- ask Mom to make cake and if we can stage event at her house (Feb. 9)
- send out invites (Feb. 26)
- buy supplies (March 1)
polish EotFby March 31 - took more revisions and time than expected
- compile list of 20 agents, write query and synopsis for EotF, and have manuscript in standard format by April 30
- query five agents by June 1
- finish Trinity Coven by Dec. 1 (so nice having December off)
The last three got pushed back due to time spent revising EotF and waiting for feedback so I could revise/edit some more. Now, I think it's finally ready for representation. Or at least no more revisions until valuable feedback from agents. 2009, queries here we come!
Regular Tuesday Tally's will resume next week.