Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Tuesday Tally

Status of my novel
total words to date: 39,175
pages: 169
completed chapters: 8

Goals for this week:

  • keep working on 100 day challenge
  • find two markets to submit some of my poetry
  • write three more scenes in Emergence
Last week's goals:
  • keep working on 100 day challenge - wrote every day!
  • complete editing for Blazing Princess, have someone do a last read through, then mail out (Deadline June 30!) - complete and on its way!
  • finish 2 scenes in Emergence - I wrote two and a half!
I got my chapter critique back from the Manuscript Mavens. The thoroughly marked and commented document helped to show me where my blind spot weaknesses are. I will definitely refer to the critique when I'm ready for second draft. Yay for nit-picky readers. For example, I didn't notice how often I use "began" for an action. That's definitely something I'll have to watch for.

No comments:

Post a Comment