Thursday, August 23, 2007

Revisiting Mirror

As some of you may recall, I've written a story (novelette length) called Mirror, a retelling of Snow White. I finished writing it in early June, and haven't looked at it since. I know it needs a lot of revision before even sending the whole thing to my sister/crit partner. Recently I've been thinking about it again, and have decided to bring the first three pages to the writing group meeting this Saturday. I reworked the first scene, essentially doubling it in length, but showing more character motivation and emotion from Lady Sophia (who becomes the "evil step-mother"). Next week I'll make a goal to go through the rest of the story, marking it up for revision. Now, if only my son would take a nap so I could print these pages... ah well, still have tonight or tomorrow.

P.S. I'm sure you'll be seeing more strikethrough text, particularly during Tuesday Tally, now that I have finally looked up the code to do so...

2 comments:

  1. That's a great idea--I look forward to reading it on Saturday. Now if only I could find something to bring . . . (how do you do strikethrough?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. < del > and < /del > for strikethrough (minus the spaces, of course). :-)

    ReplyDelete