Thursday, April 2, 2009

a distracted (and belated) Tuesday Tally

EotF Status

My synopsis is down to 3 pages, and much stronger. I sent out four queries this week, two of which came back rejected same day.

 

T.C. Status

word count: 7,718

no change

 

FwM Status

word count: 2,387

no change

 

Color Poems

complete: 12

min needed for chapbook: 20

 

Previous Goals:   

  • revise and submit poem
  • polish synopsis
  • send out next round of queries
  • write a chapter in TC

 

Goals for this week:

  • don’t stress over what I’m not getting done

 

Distracted with house stuff (looking to buy our first house). Not setting any goals. Can’t get in creative mindset at will. Going to stick to querying at the moment, and not stress the rest. That may include blogging. I’ll touch base when I have something substantial to share, but may not be blogging much this next month or two. I have no idea.

 

On a good note, I got my first poetry rewrite request!! The editor said that if I changed one line then he would hold the poem for final consideration. It was a very easy change, and did make the poem better, so I responded in the affirmative. Now more waiting. *crosses fingers*

3 comments:

  1. At least those same-day rejections are quick, right? For me they seem to hurt less than the ones I've waited for :-/

    Buying a house--that's so exciting! I'm in the DC area, so house prices are (even in this economy) so high that it'll be years before I can even dream ... Good luck with the search, and congrats on the rewrite request! I'll cross my fingers for you too!

    And I haven't forgotten my promise to send you my agent worksheet; I just need to clean it up a bit and delete all of the me-specific notes and info.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I gave up on stressing a long time ago. Must keep it at bay because everything on my plate is unmanageable when put together. Stress only amplifies it. Great goal! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the re-write request! :) I'll cross my fingers for you too.

    LOVE! - Jo

    ReplyDelete