Monday, November 22, 2010

Birthday Time

My birthday is on Thanksgiving this year. To avoid crowding it in with the holiday, we celebrated early. My mother-in-law took B for Saturday and Sunday, and my husband took me bowling and out to dinner.

I hadn’t been bowling for over eight years. My first game sucked, scoring 76. But by the end of the game, I was getting into the groove again. I was actually winning for a good part of the second game. It came down to the last couple frames. My score was 112, his 120. I had a blast. My hand and arm were sore by the time we were done though. Must get in shape! And it better not be another eight years until I get to go bowling again.

We had the 2 for $20 deal at Chili’s. First time I tried their appetizers. The Texas Cheese Fries are amazing. For entrée, J got the Crispy Chicken Crispers while I had the Quesadilla Explosion Salad. Since we were celebrating my birthday, we also got free dessert. Their brownie sundae had to be the best brownie I’ve ever had at a restaurant. Incredibly moist and uber chocolaty. Yum.

I even got to open my birthday present early. Seasons 1 and 2 of Castle! Red heart Castle is easily my favorite TV show right now. So he did good. Smile

4 comments:

  1. May just be the Most desirable subject which I browsed through all day?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday! Hope you got a pumpkin cake;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just gave you an award on my blog;)

    http://tcmckeewriter.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. My husband loves Castle too. I like watching it with him, but it's not my fav. XD

    ReplyDelete