Thursday, June 5, 2008

QA: Mental Challenges

5,000 Questions... My answers so far...

 

310. Do you like the mental challenge of chess or other games? No. I suck at chess and strategic games. Too much thinking ahead. Fun to play occasionally though, as long as it's against someone who's not an expert. I like riddles and mental puzzles more so than chess and checkers because I don't have to think fast and compete. Just me and the puzzle.


311. Do you ever think of where your atoms were before they were in you? No. But now that the question has been asked, I'm sure I will wonder.


312. Do you ever think about where your atoms will go after they have been in you? Also something I hadn't thought about.


313. If you didn't know that people couldn't fly do you think that you could? Yes. Mental expectations constrain us. And this just gave me an idea for a novel. Fly With Me.


314. Are you someone that others call when they're having a problem and want to talk about it? I only have one person that calls me with that in mind. Not enough to answer yes. I'm a good listener, but I'm rarely top of the list for people to call. Not that I mind terribly. I don't want to always be listening to everyone's problems.


315. When it comes to literature, do you see beyond the writing and into the meaning intended by the author? Sometimes I explore the author's intentions, and sometimes I allow myself to discover the writing's meaning for me. This is why I like reader feedback on my own writing (especially poetry). What an author intends is not always what the reader takes away. That isn't always a bad thing. I've had people find imagery and meaning in my poems that I had not seen for myself. Very enlightening.


316. Is there anything you can take apart completely, and then put back together, and have no left over parts? I don't dare take things apart for this very reason. Same as packing something back in the box it came in – how does it all fit together?

No comments:

Post a Comment