Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Tuesday Tally and NaNoWriMo

EotF Status

# of queries out: 7

# of fulls out: 0

status: additional querying on hold until after Muse Conf

 

T.C. Status

word count: 9,634

status: first draft in progress

 

FwM Status

word count: 5,751

status: first draft in progress, taking backseat for TC

 

Color Poems

complete: 15

min needed for chapbook: 20

 

Previous goals:

  • edit another five chapters
  • submit some poetry – revised a poem, but didn’t actually submit

 

Goals for this week:

  • edit six chapters
  • submit aforementioned poem

 

NaNoWriMo, here I come! I signed up. *gulp* My username is Feywriter. I’ll have to explore the site more. One month to prepare!

 

I really don’t know if I should NaNo with two books already in progress, but it’s only one month, right? Then the NaNo book can sit while I write the others. A big part of this is simply seeing if I can do it. Like the 10k day for Writers. I don’t know what I’m capable of if I don’t push myself. And I need deadlines to do so. I really don’t have an excuse not to go for it this year.

 

Plot ideas at various stages:

 

  1. Race to 100 Deaths – I found this phrase in my notes. Sounds like an awesome title. No idea what it meant.
  2. Contemporary Fantasy – A woman divorces her husband because he believed in magic. Their teenage daughter gets kidnapped by something obviously out of this world, and the woman has to turn to her ex-husband for help.
  3. Rumpelstiltskin is leprechaun gone bad. Beware the rainbow trap.
  4. Traditional Fantasy about Tilara Scarlet, an Elven diplomat with a little assassination on the side. Her symbol is the leaf of a Scarlet Oak. I have a character sketch on her already.

 

I’ll take a vote: Which story should I write?

4 comments:

  1. I love both #1 and #4. Any way to make Tilara's story fit the 'Race to 100 Deaths' title?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, that title could fit a novel about an assasin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Race to 100 Deaths, hands down! With a title like that, you can't lose!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Race to 100 Deaths sounds good, but seeing you don't know what it meant, I vote #4. It sounds interesting.

    Good luck with NaNo!!

    ReplyDelete