Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Tuesday Tally

Last week’s goals:

  • finish query revisions
  • add to my bliss book
  • write two chapters in TC

 

Goals for this week:

  • TC: finish current chapter and next
  • poetry: revise two poems before submitting 
  • get feedback on revised query (itching to send it out again. patience, young grasshopper)

 

Guess who got sick again? Yup, me. That’s what, once a month since school started? SO tired of cold and sick and headaches (especially the recent, cold/sick related sinus headaches which medicine doesn’t help much with). Started Thursday-ish, probably back up to 90% healthy today. What being sick again did help me to realize (I’m slow, m’kay?) is how much time I waste on good days. I need to be more focused, have more productive days to carry me through the slumps (both physical and emotional).

I did write half a chapter. Not the two I was planning on, but still progress. This week we’ll aim for finishing the one and a half carried over from last week.

I love the comments I’m getting on my excerpts, good confidence boosters, so I’d like to continue those. The question: Continue to include excerpts with Tuesday Tally, or feature them in a separate post (probably Wednesday or Thursday)? Preferences?

Current research location and dream vacation: villages of Castle Combe and Avebury.

2 comments:

  1. I love my Tuesday/Thursday schedule. They seem to be a little lighter in the blogging world too, but do what works best for you!

    Can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Feel better soon! I will toast you with orange juice as I do my own sniffling and sneezing. At least you got some writing in-I've been focusing on research because my brain is shot. Maybe I'll try a chapter though; you've inspired me :)

    I vote for excerpt on a separate day. Dunno why, maybe I just like keeping excerpts separated from updates? Either way is fine, but keep 'em coming!

    ReplyDelete