Monday, January 21, 2008

5,000 questions!

To help in my endeavor to blog every day this year, I'm going to start answering questions from The 5,000 Question Survey. They'll be scattered over many, many blog postings. On to the Q's...

 

1. Who are you? Mary W. Jensen. The 'W' is for my maiden name, Wilcox, a heritage I am very proud of. (I could put a lot more to answer this Q, but I'm sure the rest of the 5,000 questions will address much of it.)

 

2. What are the 3 most important things everyone should know about you? I am a mother, love fantasy, and am much more shy in person than online.

 

3. When you aren't filling out 5,000 question surveys like this one what are you doing? Reading, writing, playing video games, watching tv, interacting with my son, or browsing the web.

 

4. List your classes in school from the ones you like the most to the ones you like the least (or if you are out of school, think of the classes you did like and didn't like at the time). I hated English (ironic, eh?). I was good at it, just didn't like the repetitiveness or analyzing classics. Also on the dislike list was Fashion. I only took that class because I needed another half semester general credit. I was so out of place there. I surprisingly enjoyed my Social Studies class, mostly due to the charismatic teacher. On the highest rungs of the like list were choir and American Sign Language.

 

5. What is your biggest goal for this year? Sending EotF out into the big wide world of agents.

 

6. Where do you want to be in 5 years? In a house (or townhome) with a piano. I want to be published, or at least signed with an agent. I'm hoping it doesn't take the most of those years, but am prepared to stick through regardless.

 

7. What stage of life are you in right now? Mothering a preschooler, and establishing my own identity through my writing.

 

8. Are you more child-like or childish? I can be both. Probably more child-like, in the naïve, clueless about many things, type of way.

 

9. What is the last thing you said out loud? "Let's turn this down a bit", referring to my blasting DisneyMania CD, after noticing P.'s mom was no longer logged into her work MSN, which means she will be here soon, and I don't want to miss the knock.

No comments:

Post a Comment