Saturday, March 15, 2008

Struggling to play my game

Today I started to play the adventure game "Return to Mysterious Island." So far, great game - looks great, sounds great, good premise, like the interface. But one big problem - it's first person, and the screen moves with my cursor. It gives me motion sickness (or more specifically, simulator sickness). I really want to play this game, but can only handle it in short spurts or the headaches and nausea will persist long after I stop. This is the reason I don't play first person shooters. Sadly, more adventure games are getting going the "realistic" route as well.

 

I found a great article on simulator sickness, found here.

1 comment:

  1. My problem with first-person view games is more a sense of complete disorientation than motion sickness ... I'm just not very coordinated.

    ReplyDelete