Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Tuesday Tally and other updates

EotF Update

total words to date: 89,801

pages: 397

chapters revised: 0/21 (draft 4)

 

T.C. Status

word count: 443

 

Previous Goals:

  • two scenes for T.C. - still struggling. need smaller baby steps 
  • name my new sea creature (Leviathan replacement) - vote on sidebar 
  • work with B on letters and crafts on school days he has off for Spring Break - very productive :) 
  • get book on Ley Lines from B&N - looked, but they don't have any in store. would have to order :( 

Goals for next week:

  • write a minimum of one paragraph (or 10 lines dialogue) every day toward T.C. 
  • send out Blazing Princess again 
  • find good website on albinism      

 

Yes, I missed a day in blogging. Almost three months before missing one though; good streak. It was recently brought to my attention that having multiple scenes with both Isaida and Indil was confusing, so I'm changing the name Indil. I've narrowed it down to two replacements: Gale and Gaelin. Very similar, I know. But which to use? Here's his description if you'd like to pitch in your thoughts.

 

The Fey male formerly known as Indil:

Sylph (air fey). Pale blue eyes. To quote Yensid, "His hair was long, reaching just past his shoulders, and very light, almost silver, pulled back in a ponytail, held in a clasp that reflected the light shining into the clearing. Shoulders broad, waist thin, covered in loose clothing the color of the sky. His hands were long and pale, gesturing gracefully. "

 

I realize I am awful at beginnings. They take me forever! Once I started writing it, I took three months to write the first chapter of EotF, another seven months for chapter two. The rest averaged out at a chapter a month. I spent a lot of time world-building and doing character profiles. I'm tempted to procrastinate by doing a lot of research for T.C. (real world setting = intimidation) . But at the same time, I know most of the story isn't dependent on setting or research. My plan has been to check facts and work in details after I have a first draft to work with. If I decide to research some along the way, that's fine, but I need to get into my book if I'm to finish a first draft this year.

2 comments:

  1. i like Gaelin. and i agree, beginnings suck. i always wonder if there isn't some better way to start my novel. something to ask my critique partner, i guess!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know how you find time to write at all! Just keep going.

    ReplyDelete