Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Update and QA

Saturday morning it was clear that B was mostly better and very energetic, but equally clear that he had passed the cold to me. I've been miserable since Sunday.

 

I did spend some time trying out the early levels of Age of Conan and looking at the class feats. Combat is easier than I expected, and I had a lot of fun in the little time I played the beta. My husband is even more excited for the game's release next month.

 

5,000 Questions... My answers so far...

 

208. Who is yourfavorite poet of those who are alive right now? Liz. Yes, she is my sister. And a very good poet. Am I biased? Perhaps.


209. What is your favorite song from the 90's? This is tough. So many good songs! I've mentioned it as a favorite before, but I'm going to say "I Want to Spend my Lifetime Loving You", the love theme from Mask of Zorro.


210. If you were in alphabet soup what letter would you be? M for Mary, Mom, messy; turn it over and it's a W – first letter of my maiden name, also stands for weird and writer.


211. Do you believe in fairies, ghosts, aliens, angels, dwarves, elves, etc.? Yes to ghosts, aliens (as in life on other planets), angels, and dwarves (dwarfism anyone?). Elves and fairies, no. Though I really, really want to believe in fairies.


212. What makes you want to be someone's friend? similar interests


213. Do you troll around the Internet harassing people anonymously for fun? No. I don't like trollers, and don't see the fun of harassing someone anonymously or otherwise. It's sad that some people are that childish.


214. Have you ever seen the movie A Man Who Fell to Earth? Nope. Never heard of it.


215. What is your favorite line from a movie? Alright, more than a line… but there a lot of good quotes from "Serenity", such as this one:

 

Capt. Mal Reynolds: But it ain't all buttons and charts, little albatross. You know what the first rule of flyin' is? Well I suppose you do, since you already know what I'm about to say.
River Tam: I do. But I like to hear you say it.
Capt. Mal Reynolds: Love. You can know all the math in the 'Verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells ya she's hurtin' 'fore she keens. Makes her home.
River Tam: Storm's getting worse.
Capt. Mal Reynolds: We'll pass through it soon enough.

 

And, for a more comedic quote, from the Teen Titans series:

Cyborg: "Man, how could you deny me the all meat experience [pizza]?"
Beast Boy: "Dude, I've been most of those animals!"

Later… as the argument continues…

Cyborg: "There's no meat in pepperoni!"


216. What's your favorite video game? Culdcept Saga


217. Have you ever taken something that wasn't yours? Yes


218. What is one phrase people say that irritates you? Can't think of one at the moment.


219. You allow strangers to read your diary, but would you let your parents read it? My personal, handwritten diary I would be more likely to let strangers read than my parents – strangers who have no point of reference and won't be hurt or disappointed by things I've written in my low moments. As for my online diary (my blog), both strangers and my parents read it.


220. Hot steamy bubble bath or quick in and out shower? Both have their benefits. The former for relaxing, and the latter for assisting the wake up process.


221. Are you allergic to anything? Yes. I have seasonal allergies, am allergic to cats and dogs, and some plants.


222. What is your favorite Terminator movie? Been too long for me to say. I love the new series though, and am glad that Sarah Connor Chronicles has been renewed for a second season.


223. What is your favorite fast food? Sausage Egg McMuffin


224. What would someone have to do to get you to never speak to him or her again? Be hostile physically, viciously attack me regarding one of my values, or abuse me in some form.


225. Would (or have) you ever whip someone or be whipped by someone in bed? No. I'm not into S&M.

 
226. Have you ever said 'I hate everyone' and really meant it literally?
No. I'm sure I've said it, but what I really meant was "I hate this moment in life" or "I hate myself"/"I am unworthy of everyone".

1 comment: