Thursday, May 1, 2008

Money, Music, and More

5,000 Questions... My answers so far...

 

227. Why do some people want to get more money than they could ever spend? For some – fear, dependency, image. For others – a chance to share with those that don't have.


228. Have you ever won a carnival fish? No.


229. Did it live more than a week? Not applicable. Though goldfish as a rule didn't live very long…


230. What's the best sounding accent a person can have? Two words: Jude Law


231. What's the most boring thing you've ever read? The book of Leviticus in the bible. Most boring because I don't understand half of it.


232. Do you prefer buttons or touch screens? Buttons. I hate smudging screens.


233. Do you think there is a lot of similarity between the Harry Potter books and the Lord of the Rings series? I couldn't say, having read neither. Though I don't see much similarity between the movies.


234. Would you consider yourself to be naive? Yes. Sadly.


235. Which of your friends is most likely to go to jail? I don't know if any of my few friends could do anything jail worthy.


236. What is the smallest amount of money that could be in a public toilet that would make you reach in and grab it? None. Even if it looked like a lot of money, I wouldn't want to risk fetching it to find it fake.


237. Would you ever wear real fur? Possibly, if I needed something to keep me warm in extreme cold, not at all for looks.


238. Arachnophobia or Eight Legged Freaks? I've only seen the latter, but don't remember much if I liked it or not, so apparently wasn't impressionable.


239. What are your feelings about police officers? They've got a tough job to do. I don't envy them, and I'm glad my husband isn't one. I applaud their valuable role in society.


240. what is your favorite line from a song? "for the good of all of us…. except for the ones who are dead" – from Portal's credit song, "Still Alive"


241. Is fifty dollars a lot of money? It used to be. Now it doesn't go nearly far enough.


242. Do you like the band Front 242? After looking them up, listening to some of their music, I can honestly say: No, I don't like them. Music gives me a headache.


243. Would you rather have fame, money, or self-satisfaction? Self-satisfaction. The other two are merely burdens without it.


244. What's your middle name? No middle name


245. What is the absolute limit, the craziest thing you would do for a million dollars? I'm sure there's something crazy that I can't think of but that if proposed I would be willing to do for that amount. But my creativity does not lean in the direction of crazy (or so I'd like to think. LOL), so I have a hard time answering this without a list of options.


246. Are you good, evil or neutral? Good with occasional evil streaks. Though my definition of evil may not coincide with others, and my particular evils are not extreme obvious EVIL evils. Does that even make sense?


247. Should ebonics be considered a language? No. There are enough language and dialect labels as it is. Why complicate things further?


248. What color is your bedroom? White
What color would you like it to be? I'd like a bedroom with green and purple themes, but it won't happen while we're living in an apartment.


249. When are you planning to move to a new home? I'd love to say this year, but that's highly improbable. I doubt the housing market has changed much in one year. We'll continue saving.


250. If you added up the cost of everything in the room with you, approximately what would it come out to be? $5,000? I could be way off on that. But we have our bedroom furniture, brand new computers, HDTV, tons of CDs, DVDs, and video games. I have no idea if my guesstimate is over or under. My hubby is much better with pricing. :-)


251. Do you blow your nose in public? Only if my nose refuses to be ignored. I'm embarrassed by my foghorn nose blowing…


252. Do you want to follow in your parent's footsteps? No. I am not my parents. Their path wasn't wrong, but it isn't mine. I have my own goals and interests.

No comments:

Post a Comment